Tuesday, April 24, 2007

About This Blog

I created this blog to share with the world my horrible experiences with Osgoode Properties. Osgoode Properties is a rental company out of Ottawa Ontario and they have buildings in Ottawa, Kingston and Edmonton.

DISCLAIMER: This blog is based solely on my experiences. The images presented were taken by myself and any building images were taken at 20 Bayswater Place, Kingston Ontario.

Let me put this first and foremost: I will never rent from Osgoode Properties again. Nor will I rent in any building that is managed by Linda Shannon. I would rather be homeless or live in my car than to rent from either Osgoode Properties or Linda Shannon again. Wow those are pretty strong words I can hear you say! I am not exaggerating.

My husband and I entered a lease with Osgoode beginning July 1st, 2005 for a one bedroom apartment at 20 Bayswater Place, Kingston, Ontario. The building is older (my parents lived in this building 27 or 28 years ago when it was new) but I've lived in older buildings before. It's not an issue if they are maintained. When we toured our unit, it was clean but we were told that it would be painted before we moved in. It seemed like we had made a good choice. It didn't take long to change our opinions though.

It's late so I'll finish more of this another day.

No comments: